Friday, July 9, 2010

I just wanna DANCE

Hello hello! Yesterday was a wonderful day! Not perfect by any means but perfection is soooo overrated.

Coming back from my Mediterranean life, I've realized what a precious ingredient olive oil is. It is a meal transformer and makes whipping up something to eat suuuuper easy. Example? For lunch just saute some potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, olive oil, and black pepper and BAM! you have deliciousness. I would have taken a picture because it was also very pretty but I haven't had my blog on my mind so much lately, so taking pictures of my food wasn't a natural instinct. Next time, next time.

So I don't know if I've explained this to you guys before but dance is my passion. Naturally I am an avid follower of the show So You Think You Can Dance which is disappointing me greatly this season due to distracted judges and choreographers who are more concerned with props and story lines than actual dancing. However, the brilliant choreographer Travis Wall keeps me coming back for more. Each of his routines are so unique and pure and they ALWAYS give me shivers. Here's his most recent masterpiece from Wednesday (performed by the best two dancers, Kent and Lauren, on the show...in my opinion):




Things like this are what make life beautiful. If you can live with that much passion, I think no matter what else you do you will lead a wonderful life. Filling your body with pure and fresh foods is important but having something you can deeply connect to is what's really going to make you happy. I am SO excited to start up dance again this fall semester. This summer I am taking a weekly dance class with one of my best friends from high school but it's just not the same. Last night her and I went dancing with her boyfriend and one of his friends (my boyfriend had work early this morning so he couldn't come...boo!) and it was fun but compared to a semester in Spain or even the places we could have gone to downtown, it was a little bit...relaxed for me haha. I just need to bust a major move yo!!!

Peace and love and happy feet!
iluvlife

No comments: