Thursday, October 29, 2009

It is officially the weekend! Let the Halloween celebrations commence!

I don't have class on Fridays so it is officially my Halloween weekend starting tonight!! I love holidays! Any excuse to do something out of the ordinary and you can bet that I love it!

This evening my dance team is going to a haunted house together and then we will be coming back to my house for scary movies! I'm super excited! So that is the occasion for my Halloween Puppy Chow (there's plastic wrap covering it in the photo so it doesn't get stale haha)



This Puppy Chow is gluten-free and vegan so that I can enjoy it too :)
  • Rice Chex (the whole box)
  • Trader Joe's Crunchy Unsalted Peanut Butter from unblanched peanuts (1 cup)
  • Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% dark chocolate (about half of one of the sheet)
  • 1 (or 2) tsp of vanilla
  • Powdered Sugar (however much you want)
  • Candy Corn (the reason it's "Halloween" Puppy Chow)
Melt the peanut butter and chocolate together and stir in vanilla. Stir in the Chex so it's completely coated. You're supposed to then shake the chocolate/peanut butter chex in a bag with the powdered sugar but since I don't follow recipes, I just stirred it in. Whatever, it doesn't matter. And then of course stir in the candy corn. Easy peasy, lemon squeezey! And it's yummy!

Well today was another good day. I took some of my Butternut Squash Soup in a coffee thermos to class with me so I could eat it over my lunch break. Yum yum yum! But I was suuuuper tired today because I didn't get to bed until late and I had to wake up early so I could declare my Spanish major. So before my internship, I stopped and got coffee and now I am FRICKIN WIRED! Woahhh baby! It's not a good feeling. So if I was ever in doubt that I want to switch to tea, the doubt is gone! Coffee for special occasions from now on only!

After my internship I stopped at TJ's and got some bananas and spinach to make some smoothies for the week. I also got some gluten-free 100% rye bread if I feel like having toast occasionally in the mornings. One of my best friend's dad sent me some home-made raspberry jam that would be lovely on rye. I'm excited.

So my Halloween weekend will be busy and crazy! Keep in mind that I do go to UW-Madison...and all stories are true. Haha. So I may or may not update this weekend but regardless, look forward to some crazy stories and more recipes!

Peace and Love and Happy Halloween!
Iluvlife

1 comment:

VeggieGirl said...

Such a fun, festive mix! :)