Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 4

And my crazy, stressful, busy life continues. (Yes I am still going strong on the MC)

I've been contemplating lately what I want to do with my life. I mean I want to be a writer and going into publishing but I don't know what my goal is, my purpose.

I am reading a book titled Mountains Beyond Mountains and I strongly encourage anyone to read it. It's a text that is required for one of my classes but I would just read it for pleasure if I picked it up at the library or bookstore. It is a semi-biographical story about a man who starts a clinic in Haiti and his life story is absolutely incredible (and I'm only 1/3 of the way done with the book!). Seriously, it's such an enjoyable read. Go read it!

It makes me think of my love for Guatemala. I want to go back there so badly and I have been saying that I want to live there for a year after graduation. I feel that more strongly now than ever after reading this book. I think the whole point of life is to learn and share compassion. I so much admire those who can sacrifice things to make others happy and I wish to someday be like that. Even if it means offering to buy a friend lunch, it's just the little things that make someone's day that can make a difference.

Today at my coffee shop one of my semi-regular customers came in and chatted with me while he was fixing his coffee. Then he stopped halfway through his sentence and just said, "Can I give you a hug?" The strange thing was that it wasn't weird at all and it was such a heartfelt request that it completely made my day. Haha I don't know it kind of sounds weird trying to explain it but at the moment it was really touching.

Anyway as far as this MC goes...this time I am really struggling with the lemonade. I know I had said that I wasn't drinking it much because I am busy and don't have time to make it, which is completely true. But even when I do drink it, it makes me gag. It is just too sweet and, I don't know the taste is just wrong to me. I haven't had an issue with this before but I just wish I could leave out the maple syrup. I know that's where my needed calories are coming from so obviously I can't do that but the sugar is making me sick. Hopefully I'll get over this since I still have six more days of it. Oh boy. This week is going by fast though so I'm exciting to start eating fruits and veggies again!!!

Peace and love,
Iluvlife

No comments: