Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekly Goals

I love lists. I have a regular to do list, a "To Buy" list, a list for things I need to bring home/bring to school from home, a list of all the classes I need to take in the next two years and which semester I will be taking them in, a summer to do list, and a list of things I want to accomplish in my life (Bucket List).
I have a Google Calendar to keep track of my life (if you don't have one, I would highly recommend it), separate ones for work, everyday, ask-off times and my weather updates and task list (general to do and to buy).
I have separated my spending money into how much I want for which things (clothes, ballroom lessons, going out with friends, etc).
I have a file box sorting out every important piece of paper and document I need.
And I cannot stand leaving my room without my bed being made.

OCD much? Maybe. But these things help me stay focused and on top of my life. Another thing I love is setting goals for myself so I've decided that I will set a weekly bettering of my life goal from now on (and yes this is bugging me that I have decided to start this in the middle of the week). But maybe that's better. They can be hump day goals. I like it.

Okay so this week I have noticed that (especially getting up at 5:45 every morning for work) I am not getting enough sleep and it is affecting every other part of my life. I overeat when I'm tired to make up the energy. I drink more caffeine than usual. I don't feel very well so I don't workout. And I am generally just more grumpy and anti-social. So this week especially I'm going to focus on getting more sleep (at least eight hours). I have work early again tomorrow morning so I'm going to watch So You Think You Can Dance with some of my dance friends and then come home and go to bed around 9 or 9:30. Yes, it's kind of grandma-ish but I don't care because I NEED MY SLEEP! Then Friday I don't have work so I am sleeping in till forever and Saturday and Sunday I don't have work till noon which is nice as well. I think this is a good goal to start with because it will make everything easier from now on!

Oh and I kind of unofficially said it yesterday but I'm trying to drink more water too (which I have been doing a wonderful job on) so this week is a double-goal week.

Peace and love and lots of Zzzz's,
Iluvlife

No comments: