After two very stressful weeks of studying/finals and a gluttonous long weekend at home I am ready to get my life back in order!
Here are some updates of what's been happening in mi vida lately...
- Finals went pretty well. I put in a lot of effort and my ending grades weren't as high as I wanted but what I wanted was a 4.0 for the semester so those expectations were pretty high. But I did the best I could and still did very well so that's all I can ask for and I am content with that.
- I got into my creative writing classes! I don't know if I told you about those...they're required for my major (English with a creative writing emphasis) but you have to apply to get into the classes which was really frustrating for me because I did not get in this past semester and I really would not like to be in school for more than four years for a frickin English major, you know? So I am taking a Creative writing class this summer (starting in 2 1/2 weeks) and I got into the one I need for fall semester so yay!
- I'm still working at my coffee shop and loving it! I'll be getting more hours this summer which is FABULOUS and things are looking good there
- I start my internship at the Press house on Monday. I'll be dealing with digital publishing and I have yet to discover exactly what I will be doing there
- I went home this past weekend for a nice five days. It was so good to see my family again (I'm homesick already though) and some of my close friends who I haven't been able to see in awhile
I just got back from a trip to the grocery store with one of my roomies. I pretty much only got fruit and spinach because my body is craving fruit and green smoothies (perfect because they're so cleansing). I'm also trying to up my water intake because I realized that lately I have been incredibly dehydrated which, of course, is no good.
For tonight I think I'm just going to take it easy and curl up with a good book (my goal is to read at least 20 books I haven't read yet this summer and I want to re-read all the Harry Potter books of course since I do almost every summer).
I can do this! I will be back on track and feeling amazing again in no time! I am frustrated that I have to backtrack so much on the progress I've already made but I know that it will just make me stronger.
Peace and love,