Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Baby Dolls :)

Well I'm back at school after a weekend of visiting my grandparents (and some other relatives on my mom's side). Of course, it being Easter weekend and my family being the typical SAD family they are, I did not at all follow a raw diet...or even vegan. Oopsies! And although my stomach is not exactly thrilled with me right now, I don't care because that's not what it's all about. I got to see my family this weekend; I got to spend time with people I LOVE! I won't get to see them for another six weeks so I had to soak every minute up that I could!

So it is Easter: bunnies and baskets and chocolates and frilly dresses. Gotta love it. I just wanted to squeeze every bright eyed baby-boo that I saw in church today. Ahh I love babies! I cannot wait to have my own (but don't worry, I will haha)! But what a beautiful weekend!!! So sunshine-y and sweet! Spring is finally here and life is wonderful!

So now that I'm back at school and I'm re-stocked on my fresh produce, I'm going to start concentrating on my raw again :) One of my best friends is visiting me this weekend so I may stray a little then (I don't want to torture her by having nothing for her to eat) but for the most part I have confidence in myself and since this is a journey and all about what's right for ME, I can do whatever I want (and so can you, sweetcakes!). I am thinking of doing a five-day juice fast starting April 26th though, if anyone would like to join me! And then a (minimum) 10-day juice fast about a month from then. I think it's important to give your body a little digestive break every now and again, so I want to focus on doing that a little more. I try to do a one-day water fast about once a week as a little re-charge but I haven't been able to do one of those in awhile since life has been pretty chaotic lately. I'm planning on doing one for Tuesday though :)

Since it's Easter, I've been thinking a lot about religion. Now this is not a religious blog, and I don't want it to turn into one, but I want it to play a part in my journey so I may talk about it every once and awhile. I was raised Roman Catholic but I do not think it is the right religion for me. Do not get me wrong, I think Catholicism is a beautiful religion but I just don't agree with all the practices and I want to find something with a little more focus on nature and a little less focus on dogma. Suggestions are welcome :) I have not had time, but I would like to research some different religions to find a good match for me (I'm thinking maybe this summer?). I'm not exactly sure WHAT I believe so I'm truly open to ANYTHING. One of my roommates and I are going to explore Buddhism a little this summer and try to learn some more about that, though I've heard Buddhism is kind of complementary to any religion and is more a way of life rather than a religion? I don't know, we'll see. And I don't want to completely forsake Catholicism either, I will explore that more too to see if it's really something I don't believe, or just something I don't understand. We shall see, I'm excited :)

Well, Lovebugs, I have some MAJOR studying to do but I just thought I'd update quickly so you didn't think I forgot about you.

Peace and love and bunny kisses!
Iluvlife

No comments: